Event Rules & Policies
What does USAT Sanctioned Mean?
The term “sanction” refers to the compliance of a multisport event to USA Triathlon’s safety requirements. Safety plans, course maps, and event details must be submitted for review by experienced USA Triathlon staff. This ensures events are safe and fair competition environments.
USA Triathlon sanctions a multitude of events across the country. USA Triathlon not only sanctions triathlons, but also paratriathlons, duathlons, aquathlons, aquabikes, off-road events, winter triathlons, youth races, camps and clinics.
Event sanctioning and insurance compliance require every participant of a USA Triathlon sanctioned event to be a member of USA Triathlon. All participants must be current USAT members. Before a race packet can be issued, each participant MUST verify their current USAT Membership or Adults may purchase a One-Day or Annual USAT Membership. Current memberships must be verified by a PARENT ID and the triathletes MEMBERSHIP CARD or a picture of the FRONT and BACK of the membership card or by a dated RECEIPT from USAT of the Membership purchase. Every participant is regarded as an individual for membership purposes. This includes each participant of a relay team.
Youth Annual Membership (17 and under) - $10.00
Adult Annual Membership - $50.00
Adult One-Day Membership - $15.00
HINT from the Race Director: Take a picture of the front and back of the USAT Membership Card or temporary card with your cell phone so you always have a copy.
- This is a USAT Youth and Adult Sanctioned event and USAT Youth and Adult Competitive Rules apply
- N0 RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Swim caps must be worn by all participants
- Bike and bike helmet check is MANDATORY for all triathletes before entering the transition area
- All bikes MUST have handlebar end caps
- Bike helmets MUST be buckled and worn at all times while on the bike
- Bike helmets MUST be buckled prior to the bike being removed from the bike rack, T1
- Bike helmets MUST NOT be removed until the bike is racked after the bike portion, T2
- Run numbers MUST be worn on the run and facing the front when crossing the finish line
- Listening devices of any kind: MP3, IPod, headphones, etc. are NOT allowed during the race
- No bikes with training wheels will be alowed
For complete competitive USAT rules: http://www.usatriathlon.org/about-multisport/rulebook.aspx
Please spend a few minutes reviewing the overview of the USAT competitive rules. This is a sanctioned event and rules will be enforced.
F1 Youth and Junior Elite 12-18
- Aero bars may not extend past the brake hoods. No time trial bikes.
- Torso must be covered at all times.
- No wetsuits allowed with water temperature above 20 degrees Celsius.
- No aero helmets allowed.
- The lap-out rule is NOT in effect.
- Single wave start may be in effect.
- Drafting between sexes and ages is allowed
- Bike helmet MUST be buckled prior to the bike being touched
- Bike must be racked before your helmet is unbuckled
- ALL items in the transition area must be on your bike, in your transition bin or behind your bike with exception to your shoes and race belt
- Wheels must have 16 or more spokes. NO disc wheels
- ITU uniform rules will NOT be enforced
For complete competitive ITU rules: http://www.triathlon.org/docs/competition-rules-20080601-vf.pdf
- This event will have chip timing and provide all splits including T1 and T2.
- All finishers will receive a finisher metal.
- Awards for the youth divisions 6-12 will be (5) deep and one-year age increments (male & female). Awards for 13-18 will be (3) deep and one-year age increments (male & female).
- Event shirt and exact sizing will NOT be guaranteed for registrations after July 1st.
- Athletes that finish the race but do not complete the total distance of the course will be disqualified.
- Un-Sportsman-like conduct from athletes or parents is grounds for disqualification. Race Staff will be monitoring the course and Transition Area for infractions. Disqualified athletes will receive a participation medal but will be ineligible for podium awards and will not have their times posted.
- Any protests, inquiries or athlete violations must be directed to the Race Director.
- No pets will be allowed on the race site.